I’m back on the blog after SO long. If you want to know where I’ve been make sure to check out this video. I talk about everything that has been going on my life, the truth about blogging and vlogging and future updates:
Anyway, moving on, now that’s it fall here in New York, I have been baking quite a bit and decided to try out this Vegan Banana Bread recipe! It really does taste as amazing as it looks. Hope you enjoy the video! Scroll down for the full recipe.
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour/all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth. Keep aside
- Stir the wet ingredients (ground flax, milk, melted oil, maple syrup, and vanilla). Add the Banana
- Stir the dry ingredients seperately (sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder and flour) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add your desired toppings- I used vegan dark chocolate chips
- Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top. The top of the loaf should slowly spring back when touched.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, slide a knife around the loaf to loosen it and gently remove it from the pan, placing it directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Slice the loaf once cooled. I love to spread it with vegan butter!
- will keep in the fridge tightly wrapped for 3 to 4 days, or it can be frozen for atleast 6 weeks!
See you next time 🙂