Hope you all are having an amazing week! For today’s post, I have a recipe for you guys: NUTELLA CREPES! Now, I must be honest; this was my first time preparing crepes. I have had them many, many times but never tried making them before even though they’re basically like making pancakes – JUST EASIER! I think I was always scared of how perfectly delicate they look and was worried that I wasn’t get that silky light crepe. I was wrong though! I re-created these crepes from cookingchanneltv.com and oh my god, look at how amazing they are! They taste even better than they look.
This recipe is ideal for an indulgent breakfast on Valentines Day! It really looks so decadent and the strawberries add a perfect touch. Let me make another confession: even though I absolutely ADORE nutella, for me, nothing beats dark chocolate (70-85%). I absolutely love that strong cacao flavour! Left to me, I would probably do a half an half of the nutella and dark chocolate ganache ( melted dark chocolate sauce). Nutella would add in the sweetness and dark chocolate would give me that perfect chocolate boost!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. In a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, continue cooking until it is golden brown.
2. Remove from the heat and set the pan side aside. The residual heat will make the butter a little more brown. This is why it’s important to remove from the heat when its a light-ish brown so that when it’s resting off the heat, it will turn into that perfect golden brown.
3. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, water, milk, vanilla essence/extract and salt until just combined. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
4. Slowly pour the browned butter liquid into the mixture, whisking constantly. If necessary, strain the mixture to remove any lumps.
5.. Use a paper towel to wipe out the same nonstick pan used to melt the butter. Set the pan over medium heat. ( Do not add more oil/butter since the mixture already has melted butter).
6.Using a 1/3-cup measure, scoop the batter and pour it into the center of the hot pan. Using a rotating motion with your wrist, swirl the batter around and out to the edges of the pan- the thinner, the better. Return the pan to the heat and cook for 2 minutes. Use a rubber spatula /wooden spoon to lift up the edge of the crepe and flip the crepe over. Cook on the other side for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how golden you like it.
7. Slide the crepe onto a plate and spread with 1 tablespoon of the Nutella (or as much as you like). Fold the crepe in half, then fold in half again to form a triangle. You can also just roll up the crepe loosely like a carpet. Garnish with desired toppings. I used strawberries #foodporn