Hey guys! As promised to you in my Skin Care Routine post, I finally have for you an ALL NATURAL DIY SKIN CARE routine. This routine makes use of ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen. I will be absolutely honest with you and say that I do not follow this routine from beginning to end and instead mix and match a couple of steps from this routine and the other skin care routine that I posted earlier. However, if you are trying to shift to an all natural routine, this is ABSOLUTELY perfect for you! For each of the 4 steps (Exfoliating, Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing), I have given at least one recipe. For some steps though, I have given more than one option. You do NOT have to do all the options. They are simply different methods that work for me. Try out all on different days and see what works for your skin best. Just do recipe from each step
Step One: Exfoliation
1. Sea salt and Oil: Mix of equal parts sea salt and oil (like olive or almond) in a bowl. I use 1 tablespoon of each. This creates a natural scrub that will help remove impurities without stripping excess oils. Use this exfoliator once a week. Wash your face with a mild cleanser after this step.
2. Sugar and Almond Oil: Mix equal proportions of Almond oil and sugar in a bowl and gently massage on the face and lips. Wash your face with a cleanser after using this.
Step two: Cleansing (Daily)
1. Oil Cleanser – If you have never used a oil cleanser before you may find this rather strange, but trust me when I say it works really. An oil cleanser breaks down all dirt and even makeup while simultaneously leaving your skin moisturized. All you need to do is mix of 1 /2 tablespoon of Almond Oil or Castor Oil with 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil. Gently massage this oil mixture into your skin like you would massage a regular face wash and you will see the dirt on the face breaking down. Don’t worry if you have oily skin since this cleanser will not make your skin more oily. After using this cleanser you can use the Apple Cider Vinegar toner to restore the PH balance of your skin.
2.Chikpea powder and Milk- This cleanser is a rather traditional one and works really well too! All you need is some chickpea power and milk in equal proportions. I use about 2 tablespoons chikpea powder and 2 tablespoons of milk – mix them together and massage it on my face. You can simply grind chickpeas (White Chanaa) and store them in an air tight container rather than grinding them each them you want to use this cleanser.I do use this cleanser as a semi-mask too at times and leave it on my skin for about 5-7 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
3. Yogurt and Lemon Juice: I love using this cleanser in the summer! Simply take 2-3 spoons of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it generously and massage it on your skin and wash it off with cold water.
STEP THREE: TONING
- Tomato juice/Mashed tomato and honey – Though I don’t use this toner on a daily basis, it works wonders to clear your skin of any excess dirt and tan. Take 1/4 mashed tomato and 1 tablespoon of honey and mix them together. Massage this to your face and wash it off with cold water. You can also use tomato juice (1 tablespoon) instead of mashed tomato. If you are using tomato juice and honey, you can mix these two together and use cotton to apply this mixture to your face.
2. Green tea: Green tea works like magic as a drink and even when applied to the skin! In my previous post I talked about how Green tea helps removing eye puffiness, and it this post you can see how green tea can be used as a toner!
Add 1 green tea bag into 1 cup of almost boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 3 to 5 minutes.Remove the tea bag and pour the liquid into an air-tight container and let it cool down before shutting the lid tight. To use as a toner simply dipp a cotton ball into the tea and dab it on your skin. If you are using a spray bottle, just spritz your skin with the tea. Do not rinse.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: I saved my favorite toner for the end! Apple Cider Vinegar handsdown is the most facinating things ever. It’s so good for you- whether you drink 1 spoon a day or apply it on your face to restore the PH balance of your skin! It really is amazing!
For sensitive skin: Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water
For normal skin: Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water
For oily skin: Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water
I usually use 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with at least 2 teaspoons of water. Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and dab it on your face and don’t wash it off. Before applying it on your face, I suggest you do a little patch test on your hand to see if it works okay! Always start with using more water if you’re using this toner for the first time! To know more about this toner check out this wonderful blog post!
Step Four: Moisturizer
Coconut Oil: Okay, so this a tricky step! If I use my trust worthy oil cleanser and then use apple cider vinegar toner (MY FAVORITE COMBINATION), I don’t see the need to moisturize since the oil cleanser does the job. However, lets say I use a normal cleanser by Neutrogena, then once in a while I use coconut oil (3-4 drops) as a moisturizer and it works amazingly well! All one needs to do is massage the drops into your skin after throughly washing your face.
The beauty of DIY SKIN CARE is that the power lies completely in your hands! You can try out multiple combinations and stick to an all natural routine or mix and match with market bought products. I love using this DIY SKIN CARE ROUTINE, but as mentioned before, I do not use all these products in one day- especially an oil cleanser and oil moisturizer on the same day! Hope you try out any of these days! If you have any questions, please do ask me by commenting here on my social media!
love you xx