Have you ever wondered how to to make those stunning acai bowls or nice creams that are flooded on Instagram? I have a delicious recipe for you today where you can create your very own personalized nice cream without spending a bomb in any fancy cafe or health food store. Nice Creams are huge in the food and health world right and for good reason. To simplify, nice cream is nothing but ice-cream that is GOOD for you. You can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner- anytime really. It works really well as a pre-workout meal or even as a dessert! The best part about nice-creams are that they need only ONE INGRIDIENT- Bananas
If youre feeling lazy, you can stick to the traditional Banana Nice-cream but if you want to be a little more creative, there are a plethora of flavours and toppings that you can opt
Also, these recipes don’t have any MILK, SUGAR, CREAM, EGGS and don’t require an ice cream maker either. So, they’re vegan and high carb that will give you your glucose punch and keep you happy and healthy through the day.
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4-5 roughly chopped almonds
- 4-5 squares of any dark chocolate chocolate you enjoy OR 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocao powder (If you want the ice-cream to be Vegan/Dairy free). If you're using the cacao powder, youll also need 2 spoons of water.
- Any good blender- I use my Nutri bullet
- Optional: Any toppings like dates, peanut butter, berries, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, sea salt, granola
- Take 3 ripe bananas, peel them and slice them up into 4-5 pieces each.
- Put them in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight. I have a ziplock bag of frozen bananas where I keep using little at a time for different smoothies and desserts. That saves a lot of time and is very convenient since you can make anything you want without waiting for the fruit to freeze.
- Take them out of the freezer and let them soften a bit since it might take a toll on your blender to put them rock solid. However, make sure they're still totally frozen or else non-frozen, soft bananas blended will give a smoothie consistency.
- Put the frozen bananas into the blender. Add in the chocolate pieces and vanilla.
- If youre using the cacao powder instead of the chocolate pieces, it would be better to dissolve the powder into the 2 spoons of water in a little bowl first and then add it to the blender.
- Start blending the mixture. It may seem impossible at first due to the frozen bananas but thats why keeping the frozen bananas at room temperature for 5 misn or so helps. Slowly and steadily blend for about 2-3 minutes and keep checking the mixture. When almost done, add in the almonds and this time instead of using the blender, simply fold them into the ice cream using a spatula. The key is not over blend the mixture or else it would turn into a smoothie. The consistency should be chunky.
- Scoop out the mixtures from the blender and place into a bowl. Add some chocolate chips as a topping or any other topping you prefer.
As toppings, I absolutely love adding a spoon of peanut butter to my nice-cream too. Sometimes, if I just make banana nice-cream without any chocolate or vanilla, I add some chopped dates and berries as toppings. The options are seriously endless and almost every flavour combination works with this super creamy non diary healthy icecream.
My favorite flavour combinations that you can try out are:
1. Banana Nice Cream with chocolate, vanilla essence and chopped almonds: Topped with peanut butter
2. Banana Nice Cream with vanilla essence: Topped with chopped pitted Dates
3. Banana Nice Cream (plain): Topped with dark chocolate chips and Granola
4. Banana Nice Cream (plain): Topped with strawberries and other berries available
Hope you try out this ice-cream and love it! Please send me photos at Instagram if you do
Have a happy & healthy day! <3